Mill Mount Grammar School for Girls
Mill Mount Lane, York YO24 1BJ
This school was opened in 1920 in a house purchased and adapted by the municipal authority. There were 124 girls enrolled in March 1921, some of whom were transferred from Queen Anne School which was overcrowded. A chemistry laboratory was added in 1922 and a cookery centre in 1925. There were 272 girls enrolled in 1933. Extensions to provide accommodation for 150 girls were opened in 1935. A games field at Nunthorpe was opened in 1938. There were 383 girls attending the school in March 1946.
Ordnance Survey maps from the 1960s showing the school.
The school closed in 1985 merging with Nunthorpe Schools and becoming what is now Millthorpe School. Following closure of the school All Saints RC School took over use of the site.